积分

白金长老

积分
发表于 2004-8-7 18:55 | 显示全部楼层

Tell Me Something - The Extinction Between You and Me or Him and Her

Tell Me Something - The Extinction Between You and Me or Him and Her  

review by Jerry Shin
February 05, 2000

40 minutes of the running time, which was about 2 hours and 40 minutes total, is decisively edited by the director, Jang Yun-Hyeon, himself. Even though he said that this was done because the original length was too long, and the story too slow to develop, this resolute, and very commercial, choice results in the conclusive extinction between the film and the audience.

However, there is no definite evidence that the missing 40 minutes would have provided any clues about what happened to the characters. Tell Me Something is still written in an almost incommunicable language, and is filled with complicated enigmas which are unable to be solved. However, what is truly embarrassing is that there are actually lots of solutions for the various enigmas. The problem is that some solutions depend on very sophisticated psychoanalysis theories. Perhaps the average person who is going to see a movie isn't all that interested in having to be well-versed in deep psychoanalytical theories.

Anyway, all of these things add up to tell us that Tell Me Something is a very controversial film. So much so, that there cannot be any perfect solutions or explanations about Tell Me Something. Because of that, after everybody watches this film, everybody wants to rearrange this puzzle in their own alleged right way. So, what ends up being more interesting is not why she kills them, but why the director Jang Yun-Hyeon puts all of this stuff in a mass in the first place. The reason why his veiled intention is interesting, is that at least he succeeds in arousing wild controversial disputes among people.

The director, Jang Yun-Hyeon said that the extinction and the incommunicable nature between people, is the theme he has pursued in an interview with 'CINE21.' His last work, Contact, is about people who are searching for possibilities of communication between them. On the other hand, Tell Me Something is about the extinction and the results which are caused by them being isolated.

For this the director uses a specific Hollywood genre, the thriller. He puts a dark and gray tone like the noir genre. His characters are strolling around on the gray film screen. At least, Jang Yun-Hyeon knows how to use and quote the rules of Hollywood genres. The severest extinction happens in the scene where the detective, Jo, recognizes everything about Chae Su-Yeon. He looks very intelligent and sarcastic at the same time, but shows his trust, and a male's instinct, to protect a weak female like Chae Soo-Yeon. His blindness, shared by the audience, restricts his suspicion to her continuously. A killer, a pale and weak lady, a detective, this structure makes it impossible to expect that a kind of affection between the protector and the sacrifice can exist. What's expected is frustrating and arouses the extinction between spectators and the film. Furthermore, Tell me something does not give his full text to onlookers. So, they feel the alienation from this film.

Audience's behavior trying to fill-in these blanks in the story is originated from a desire to connect the extinction which is caused by Tell Me Something. Jang Yun-Hyeon is a director who likes to excessively emphasize images. Like he has already shown in his last work, he expresses and emphasizes his character's inner space by visual images. Logical development is not the most important thing to him because he wants to express the character's psychological atmosphere basically, for example, the sorrow, the desire, the isolation, the alienation, the affection etc. To him, the cut 40 minutes, which may be the core to explaining the film, would be useless to express his personal intention.

After the serial murders begin, the memory Chae Su-Yeon has becomes the key to arrest the murderer. The past memories consist of one's present. However, all of the murdered corpses are partially amputated, and each missing part of the various corpses is expected to make one complete body, as the investigation proceeds. So, what the detective Jo must do is combine Chae Su-Yeon's lost memories which are repressed at the bottom of her unconsciousness. When her memories are completed, the murderer will be arrested. However, as fragments of her memories are combined, the case ironically gets vague. In the end, the body is not completed and her memories cannot be finished.

The amount of truth people have is like many cards which have different words and clues on the back. People show their cards to somebody to communicate with them because they're lonely and don't want to be alienated. But, even though he or she gives cards, they still have other cards, the other side of the truth. Actually, Chae Su-Yeon did not tell any lies to Jo the detective. She just told him something and did not tell him certain facts. Nobody can grasp every card that other people have.

In this complicated colony, modern Korea, moderns possess various identities and belong to unknown societies. Even though we believe we belong to each other and know everybody well,
everybody has his/her own cards that nobody can glance at. These concealed cards arouse unconscious extinction between us.

The director, Jang Yun-Hyeon may tell us something confused but whatever the enigmas are, he does not give his every card to us like Chae Su-Yeon, the sorrow and crucial princess.

主题

回帖

积分

青铜长老

积分
发表于 2004-8-8 18:09 | 显示全部楼层
Originally posted by kittymimi at 2004-8-7 04:35 PM:
比起汉城大劫案逻辑上的缜密,爱的肢解漏洞多多。

不过,它仍然是偶最喜欢的韩片之一,看了又看。韩石圭和沈银河这对梦幻组合确实是千载难逢。韩和沈至今友情不变,双重间谍韩本意想联系沈演出。奈何沈大美人归 ...

的确,如果这部片子没有这两个演员的精彩演出,魅力会大减.看这个片子,我还是主要侧重在看演员的表演上面,至于逻辑,还有其它的方面的缺陷已经不计较了,曾经有一篇谈李沧东的电影中曾经提到韩石圭和薛景求都是那种仅凭一个眼神、一个动作就能喻示某种情节的好演员,实际上在这里形容韩和沈的表演也是不过分的.

也许太喜欢韩,沈这对银幕金童玉的搭档了(虽然韩石圭一点都不帅,主要是指他们的演技上的完美搭配),所以在看<双重间谍>的时候,一直在想,如果高小英的这个角色是沈银河来演的话,她会怎么演呢?那应该是一个完全不同的演绎了,高演得太过表面化,太大陆化,没有深入到人物,实在是很遗憾的.  韩的片子中的女主角,除了无可挑剔的沈银河,金允珍(鱼)和李美研(NO.3)我觉得和韩的搭档戏都演得很不错的. <红字>也是我非常期待的(也很庆幸它的题材没有落入今年韩片拍烂的鬼片和爱情喜剧中),李恩宙是个很有潜力的女演员,希望她能和韩的搭档有看头(我一向认为好演员对好演员的对手戏才最有看头,如果一方太弱,另一方再卖力,都会大打折扣.)

P.S.很喜欢<爱的肢解>中,电影后半部,韩到CD店找沈银河的那段,沈和廉在一起,廉让她戴上耳机听音乐,韩在焦急的寻找沈,镜头是慢动作,和音乐真的很搭配的,非常棒,噶然而止在廉一眼瞥见韩的那一瞬间,真的感觉很棒.

主题

回帖

积分

白金长老

积分
发表于 2004-8-8 23:06 | 显示全部楼层
Originally posted by lwang at 2004-8-8 06:09 PM:
的确,如果这部片子没有这两个演员的精彩演出,魅力会大减.看这个片子,我还是主要侧重在看演员的表演上面,至于逻辑,还有其它的方面的缺陷已经不计较了,曾经有一篇谈李沧东的电影中曾经提到韩石圭和薛景求都是那种仅 ...

偶就知你看到这贴会很高兴。

韩石圭,不帅,却很有味道,属绅士型的。

如果小津在世,找韩国男演员合作的话,肯定是韩石圭。只有韩,才能达到不以物喜,不以物悲的极度内敛,克制。

李恩珠和韩石圭非常有缘。盐偶下了马,红字继续情缘。李恩珠兼有少女的纯真开朗和少妇的成熟妩媚,可塑性非常大。恋爱小说孙艺珍给她一比全嫩了。

红字三个女主角给我的印象相当好。
扮演韩妻子的是笨小孩中郑宇成的干妹妹,戏少,出彩,把一个重新改过自新,寄人篱下的反叛少女演活了。
成仙儿,女人是男人的未来申华那样复杂又抽象的角色她演得让人充满想像力。

沈银河,相貌,演技,艺德一等一的女子,奈何天妒红颜,爱情诸多麽难,让偶徒添伤感。

双重间谍选错了高小英。让8分的电影打了7分。

[ Last edited by kittymimi on 2004-8-8 at 11:09 PM ]

主题

回帖

积分

青铜长老

积分
发表于 2004-8-9 11:50 | 显示全部楼层
韩石圭的极度内敛克制,好象有点过了,每次看到他都觉得很压抑,演戏还是放松一点的好。

沈银河是少女的气质,李英爱是少妇的气质,不觉得李恩珠有少女气质,但也不象少妇。

[ Last edited by 霜冷长河 on 2004-8-9 at 11:55 AM ]

主题

回帖

积分

青铜长老

积分
发表于 2004-8-9 13:37 | 显示全部楼层
Originally posted by 霜冷长河 at 2004-8-9 11:50 AM:
韩石圭的极度内敛克制,好象有点过了,每次看到他都觉得很压抑,演戏还是放松一点的好。

沈银河是少女的气质,李英爱是少妇的气质,不觉得李恩珠有少女气质,但也不象少妇。

[ Last edited by 霜冷长河 on 20 ...

呵呵,压抑吗?没觉得啊?很平实,自然啊?另外,如果你看过NO.3的话,也许会看到另外一个韩石圭.

主题

回帖

积分

青铜长老

积分
发表于 2004-8-9 15:08 | 显示全部楼层
我看过韩的生死谍变,爱的肢解,双面间谍,八月照相馆,感觉他是在刻意地求自然平实,追求生活化的表演,可是演戏毕竟不同于生活,演员需要通过表演来调动观众的情绪,而他总是一副波澜不惊的样子。好演员能做到收放自如,他太收了不够放,表演上比较拘谨,有些放不开手脚。可能我欣赏水平有限吧,总是看不懂他想表达什么。我还是喜欢沈银河和李成宰的搭档,感觉李成宰很能带戏,让对手有超水平发挥,比如他和高小姐和一天还有花花公子那几个女配角都不错。

主题

回帖

积分

青铜长老

积分
发表于 2004-8-15 15:10 | 显示全部楼层

主题音乐<The crawl >MV

下载

It takes the pain away

that could not make you stay

it`s way too broke to fix

no glue, no bag of tricks

Lay me down, the lie will unfurl

lay me down to crawl

Your smile would make me sneeze

when we were Siamese

Amazing grace in here

I`d pay to have you near

Lay me down the lie will unfurl

lay me down to crawl

Don`t go and lose your face

at some stranger`s place

and don`t forget to breathe

and pay before you leave

lay me down to crawl

相思只在丁香枝上, 豆蔻梢头.

主题

回帖

积分

青铜长老

积分
发表于 2004-8-15 15:20 | 显示全部楼层

大幅剧照cut

登录/注册后可看大图

登录/注册后可看大图

登录/注册后可看大图

登录/注册后可看大图

登录/注册后可看大图

相思只在丁香枝上, 豆蔻梢头.

主题

回帖

积分

青铜长老

积分
发表于 2004-10-2 16:39 | 显示全部楼层
相关连接:

1999    《爱的肢解》之分镜头截图 (by 韩国影迷callisto)(第29楼)

1999   〈爱的肢解〉全片截图版 by 比翼霓裳

[ Last edited by ode on 2004-10-29 at 11:04 AM ]
相思只在丁香枝上, 豆蔻梢头.
匿名  发表于 2004-10-4 03:51
我同意上面一篇影评的观点,这部片子,各方面都是很不错的,就是故事情节不算逻辑。别的不讲,她的那么多男朋友为什么同意一起帮忙杀他父亲,如果每个人分开帮她不奇怪,大家一起帮很难说的通吧,可是那张照片偏偏好象在暗示这个事实。还有,前面几个人被干掉以后,她剩下的男朋友当然应该知道,凶手就在他们剩下的几个人当中,偏偏两个女人总是得手。不管怎么说这总是部电影,好看如MTV,情节如果经不起推敲,总还是非常遗憾的。

主题

回帖

积分

青铜长老

积分
发表于 2004-12-29 20:40 | 显示全部楼层
相思只在丁香枝上, 豆蔻梢头.

主题

回帖

积分

黄金长老

积分
发表于 2005-8-9 20:36 | 显示全部楼层
我认为我没看懂的原因是这片子的中文字幕翻译得太差了,前言不搭后语,再加上整个画面的色调都很阴暗。我觉得情节有点类似《本能》。沈银河饰演的女主角,年少的时候被父亲强暴过。并且长大后禽兽父亲竟然还不肯放过她。她实在无法忍受才伙同幼年的好友以及一班医大的学生肢解了他父亲。后来又用同样的方法除掉了其他参与者。至于廉静儿饰演的角色有点同性恋倾向,她爱女主角,愿意为她做任何事情。但是在女主角看来她和自己的父亲一样是自己生命中的阴影。如果想要摆脱阴影重新生活,就要把她也一起埋葬。于是诱导韩石圭扮演的警察一点点走进预先设计好的结局,那就是廉静儿出于对她畸形的爱杀死并肢解了她的追求者,事发后又企图与她同归于尽,最后在两人搏斗的过程中被她误杀。本来一切都很完美,我们的韩警官也已经相信这就是真相。然而,影片开始那个坠楼而亡的少年他的死因成为揭开骗局的关键。他就是因为看到了凶案,才被女主角推下楼摔死的,临死之时扯下了女主角衣袖上的纽扣。而韩警官又在保护女主角的过程中在她的家里发现了同样的纽扣,这才开始怀疑。当他知道了真相冲到女主角的家里,打开曾坐过的沙发前的那座玻璃壁柜的灯,赫然看到里面竟然陈列着一具无头男尸——女主角失踪的父亲,他的头就在胖警察被杀的那间屋的冰箱里。愤怒的他用女主角的离别礼物砸碎了壁柜的玻璃,尸体像一堆烂肉一样倒了下来。伴随着他的呕吐声的是,女主角飞机上的谈笑自如。她终于亲手结束了噩梦,飞往谎称过实际没去过的法国,完成她的艺术家之梦。至于飞机上的那个男人是不是下一个目标,很难说啦。不过,我个人觉得不会,因为好不容易获得新生,她不会再回到噩梦里。至于她和韩警官那段似有似无的情感,那只是她计划中的一个意外,她虽然没有杀他,甚至阻止了廉静儿杀他,但老实说,她也把人家吓得够呛,耍得够狠。她设计得那个唯美的离别,恐怕会成为韩警官自此以后多年的梦魇吧。
总之,沈银河演得实在是太好了,人物性格的各个层面,比如善良真诚,凶残狡猾,柔弱无助,阴郁拿捏得很到位,让人既同情又憎恨,既怜悯又恐惧啊。
冷酷
每天清晨我们都能听到清脆的鸟叫声,这让我们对时间又有了挂念。

主题

回帖

积分

初级会员

积分
发表于 2005-8-17 19:22 | 显示全部楼层
这是好久之前的片子了
记得不是很清楚 怎么觉得和大家看得不一样  我记得她好像是小时候受过男性的侮辱,所以对男性产生一种报复心里,具体的已经忘了
不过真的很好看  很恐怖

主题

回帖

积分

支柱会员

积分
发表于 2005-8-17 22:40 | 显示全部楼层
Originally posted by Y.P.H at 2005-8-17 16:19:
看了这么多评论,觉得29楼说得最好!

的确,29楼第一段已经简单的说明了为什么要“爱的肢解”/

这部电影可以说是我看过所有电影里都算很难忘的一部。几年前与表姐一起看的,我们看完后也是很多疑惑,又倒回去看,看到照片那幕还放大了来看,最后还是似懂非懂的。

至到后来看了一篇很精彩的评论才算是完全明白了。

[ Last edited by KV88 on 2005-8-17 at 22:41 ]

主题

回帖

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2005-8-27 17:31 | 显示全部楼层

关于<爱的肢解>的问题

偶今天看了韩国重量级人物--沈银河,韩石圭主演的<爱的肢解>.
不过结尾有很多地方不是很明白的说:
到底谁是凶杀案的真凶呢?
如果从最后的那个尸体来看,应该是女主角素蓉(就是沈银河演的那个角色)
但是那位老警察被杀的时候,沈JJ不是很男主角在一起的吗?
还有干吗女二号(廉晶雅出演的)要心甘情愿的为沈JJ顶罪,最后被沈JJ一枪毙命也毫无怨言呢?
到底是什么原因沈JJ要 kill 这几个人呢?
整个感觉就是这部电影没有播放完一样,
反正就是一个字:郁闷哦
[img]http://bbs.gxnu.edu.cn/upload/Art/1072027846_totoro.gif[/img]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|手机版|小黑屋|韩剧社区 ( 蜀ICP备14001718号 )

JS of wanmeiff.com and vcpic.com Please keep this copyright information, respect of, thank you!JS of wanmeiff.com and vcpic.com Please keep this copyright information, respect of, thank you!

GMT+8, 2024-6-1 18:24 , Processed in 0.040909 second(s), 18 queries , Gzip On.