积分

社区元老

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2015-3-19 22:22 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 corona0911 于 2015-3-19 22:24 编辑

http://waytooindie.com/review/movie/haemoo-ndnf-review/

Haemoo (ND/NF Review)
By C.J. Prince  @cj_prin on March 17, 2015

Life and death at sea make for a gripping tale from first-time director Shim Sung-Bo.

A nautical thriller with a surprisingly nasty mean streak, Shim Sung-Bo’s Haemoo is an impressive debut feature for the South Korean screenwriter. Shim, who has a working relationship with director Bong Joon-Ho—Shim co-wrote Memories of Murder, and Bong shares a writing credit on Haemoo with Shim—doesn’t reach the same levels as his masterful collaborator, but Haemoo shows Shim has plenty of potential to reach those same heights one day.

Taking place in the late ’90s, shortly after the Asian financial crisis of 1997, Haemoo immediately establishes a tone of desperation with its characters. On the old, rundown fishing ship “Junjin,” Captain Kang (Kim Yoon-seok) finds himself in a bit of trouble. With his crew not catching enough fish on their most recent trip, and his boss trying to sell off the boat to earn some quick cash, it won’t be long before he’s out of a job. With little to no options left for Kang and his coworkers, he takes a deal to smuggle Chinese-Korean immigrants on “Junjin” in order to stay afloat.

With that relatively brief set-up, Kang and his crew head off to pick up their illegal cargo. Kang’s crew is where Shim has the most trouble with his film, reducing the majority of the supporting cast to annoying, one-note characters. The only exceptions would be Dong-sik (Park Yu-chun), a young crew member who doesn’t seem to fit in too well, and Wan-ho (Moon Sung-keun), the ship’s elder and chief engineer. The rest of the crew is reduced to childish horndogs, excited about the trip for the chance to hook up with some of the female immigrants on board.

After an intense sequence showing the immigrants trying to jump on Kang’s boat during a storm, a small romance begins blossoming between Dong-sik and Hong-mae (Han Ye-ri), a young woman Dong-sik rescues from the sea after she falls in during the transfer. Chemistry between the two feels forced, but that’s kind of the point; Dong-sik’s feelings for Hong-mae resemble those of a high school crush, and Hong-mae certainly isn’t having any of it. Shim begins profiling some of the immigrants on board—including an agitator trying to cause a mutiny, and a woman sleeping with crew members in order to get better treatment—setting up what looks like an odd couple story between the ship’s hard-nosed crew and their wily cargo.

But anyone familiar with South Korea’s recent cinematic output, or any of Bong Joon-Ho’s films, knows that subverting expectations is this country’s bread and butter. Things take a shocking turn around the halfway mark, and suddenly Haemoo becomes a whole other film. As a sea fog rolls in—“Haemoo” literally translates to “sea fog”—the foggy haze covering the boat becomes symbolic. What was once clear is now hard to see, and under the cover of the fog, Kang and his crew succumb to their immoral, selfish survival instincts.

Surprisingly, given Shim and Bong’s previous writing credits, the biggest issues with Haemoo come from the screenplay. Both writers have an excellent handle on pacing, with the second half steadily ratcheting up the tension as things continue to take a turn for the worst, but their handling of characters leaves a lot to be desired. The forced romance between Dong-sik and Hong-mae transitions into a real one rather suddenly, leading to an incredibly awkward sex scene after one character is murdered in cold blood right in front of them. The underdeveloped supporting cast only get more grating once the stakes get higher, functioning as nothing more than barriers preventing the protagonists from reaching a happy ending. The poor characterizations wind up clashing with the mostly excellent structure and plotting of the screenplay, producing a final result that’s frustratingly flawed.

The same can’t be said for Shim’s direction, as he shows a remarkably assured hand behind the camera. He handles the film’s sharp tonal shifts with ease, and with the help of cinematographer Hong Kyeong-pyo sustains an eerie mood once the thick sea fog envelops the boat and its surroundings. Park does a serviceable job as the young Dong-sik, but Kim Yoon-seok is the cast’s MVP as Captain Kang. Kim, who some fans of South Korean’s new wave might recognize from The Chaser, makes Kang a likable yet intimidating force, a man fueled purely by his need to survive. And while the film has more than a few issues with its screenplay, Haemoo is still a fun ride for the most part. It’s yet another example of how South Korea continues to beat Hollywood at its own game, combining different genre elements into something appealing, entertaining and refreshingly mature.

Haemoo (ND/NF Review) Movie review
7/10

主题

回帖

积分

社区元老

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2015-3-21 03:54 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 corona0911 于 2015-3-21 04:16 编辑

http://blog.naver.com/latinfilmkor
https://www.facebook.com/latinfilmkor
http://www.dureraum.org/bcc/mcon ... rogCode=20150306001

http://news.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=20150320000420&md=20150320105545_BL
“韩国中南美洲电影节”将于本月21日至30日在釜山电影殿堂举行。将免费放映正在世界影坛上跃进且把握潮流的中南美洲电影代表作10篇,以及严格选拔出的5部韩国作品(《自由之丘》《国际市场》《#海雾#》《韩公主》《新世界》),吸收中南美洲电影精髓的同时享受多样韩国电影在剧场中再次见面的机会。

登录/注册后可看大图

主题

回帖

积分

社区元老

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2015-3-21 04:13 | 显示全部楼层
http://japancinema.net/2015/03/20/haemoo-review/

TEM REVIEWED
Haemoo – Review

AUTHOR
Marcello

SYNOPSIS
A fishing-boat crew takes on a dangerous commission to smuggle a group of illegal immigrants from China to Korea.

COUNTRY
South Korea

DIRECTED BY
Sung-bo Shim

MORE SOLID WORK FROM KOREA.
I consider Snowpiercer to be one of the best films to come out of 2013, and Joon-ho Bong’s co-scripting duties on Haemoo was what attracted me to Haemoo. While first time director, and co-script(er) Sung Bo Shim took over directorial duties for Haemoo, it is with Snowpiercer that the film will most draw comparisons. Although they couldn’t be more different in terms of scripting, plot, or even the message they aim to get across, they are both a gritty, bleak look at humanity’s darker side, and in both cases, play their conflicts out in locations that mirror the messages the films are trying to get across. As Snowpiercer traces a revolution that begins in the bleak lower classes back carriages of the last remaining train on Earth, moves through the empowered, and autonomous middle class cars and ends at the apathetic, electronically numb upper classes carriages, the audience are treated to a class warfare fueled journey through the entirely of our world.

Bo Shim, here, plays his tale out on a small fishing vessel, and a desperate captain, who decides to transport human cargo when business runs slow. As in Snowpiercer, the fishing vessel, and the ocean it travels on, reflect the mental state of the crew. Clear waters and sunny oceans start their journey, dark stormy waters mark their arrival to pick up the new cargo and as the crew start breaking and coming to terms with what they’ve been forced to do, the Haemoo (sea fog) sets in, blinding our screens, and trapping the vessel in ethereal limbo. Bo Shim takes visual clues from Joon-ho Bong and dresses up the three areas of the ship according to their roles: the uppers decks are gray and steely, the fish hold (a very bad place) is dark and bleak, and the engine room, the only ‘sanctuary’ for a large part of the film, is decked in shades warm yellow and brown. The film looks stark and visceral, and everything, from the script to the acting, helps get that across.

All the sights and sounds would be a waste without a solid script to back it up, and the movie does not disappoint. Haemoo throws average, ordinary, salt of the earth people into desperate situations that shatter, twist and test them. The movie’s first act traces the lives of these fishermen, on and off land, and shows them going about their lives. The writing in these parts is so authentic that it’s hard not to view them as real people, with real, crappy jobs by the time they head back off to sea. It is through these unremarkable and slow sequences (a charming little love story on the boat takes the better part of the first hour) that the script manages to put us at ease. The final act culminates in one of the most haunting sequences you will see this year on the big screen, and ends with a perfect ending: unapologetic, chaotic, confusing, without closure. Real.

I find it hard to imagine anyone walking away from this film unscathed. How could ordinary people do these acts? Was there something dark inside them all along? Perhaps the things they were forced to do shattered their minds? Perhaps there something dark and twisted in everyone? These are questions I should stop asking myself, but I can’t. Haemoo is a masterpiece, and excels in getting under your skin and affecting you on a very primal level. This is a movie you need to watch, and with an excellent score to boot, one you should want to.

主题

回帖

积分

社区元老

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2015-3-21 18:51 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 corona0911 于 2015-3-22 20:51 编辑

@pushingredbuttons
Tonight at MOMA Film...Director Shim Sung-bo at the New Directors/New Films festival introduced his remarkable directorial debut "Haemoo". #Haemoo #ShimSungbo #FilmDirectors #FilmScreenings #NDNF #NewDirectorsNewFilms #KoreanFilms #KoreanDirectors #DebutFilms #MOMAFilms #FilmFestivals #NYC #NewYorkCity

登录/注册后可看大图

@carayeates
Bong Joon-ho, Shim Sung-bo and Rajendra Roy at the #NDNF screening of Haemoo. #momafilm #filmlinc #film

登录/注册后可看大图

CAp4XIoWcAAoK-V.jpg
CAqS0H4VIAA_MLW.jpg

主题

回帖

积分

社区元老

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2015-3-21 20:01 | 显示全部楼层
http://newdirectors.org/blog/new ... bo-haemoo-interview

Meet the (New) Director: Shim Sung-bo ‘Haemoo’

Shim Sung-bo, the acclaimed screenwriter of Bong Joon-ho's Memories of Murder, takes the director’s chair for his debut feature about human smugglers on the high seas. Haemoo screens on Friday and Saturday as part of the 44th annual New Directors/New Films series, currently underway through March 29. Shim Sung-bo talks respect for his actors and the struggles of filming on a ship in his comments to FilmLinc.

Haemoo
Shim Sung-bo, South Korea, 2014, 111m

Description: First-time director Shim Sung-bo (screenwriter of Memories of Murder, the second film by Haemoo’s producer Bong Joon-ho) distills a gripping drama from a real life incident and delivers a gritty, brooding spectacle of life and death on the high seas. With the country in the throes of an economic crisis, the captain of the run-down fishing boat Junjin sets out with his five-man crew to smuggle a group of Korean-Chinese illegal immigrants. During the hair-raising transfer of their human cargo from a freighter, rookie fisherman Dong-sik (Park Yu-chun) saves the life of Hong-mae (Han Ye-ri). Smitten and solicitous, he shelters the young woman in the engine room. But after a tense coast-guard inspection, things go horribly wrong and as the titular sea fog rolls in, the captain forces his crew to set a new course—from which there’s no turning back.

Responses from Shim Sung-bo:

On finding a connection to the real world:

I was a literature major in college. In my junior year, I suddenly felt suffocated—like my life was trapped in books. I craved something more lively that would connect me to the real world. Then "cinema" flashed in front of me. So after graduation I began film school.

On crimes committed by ordinary people:

I was mesmerized by the stage play Haemoo. It depicts the experience of ordinary people getting involved in crime, not from the detective’s point of view, but from theirs. It’s a story about people protecting their loved ones even when their lives are falling apart—it’s a tale of crime and love. These were the subjects that I wanted to portray, and Haemoo has both.

On respect for the actor’s vision:

While we were filming, I listened carefully to the actors, especially the six sailors. I tried to respect their interpretations of each character. As a result, I was able to reinforce the characters’ more humane aspects. Also, I focused on resolving all their questions about story development and situations. This is an actor-driven film. I consider myself very lucky to have worked with them.

On the difficulty of shooting on a boat at sea:

The biggest challenge was that most of the story takes place on a not-so-big ship on the open sea. The shooting was strenuous, and it could easily have made the film appear monotonous.

On finding new inspiration in a novel:

While I was promoting this film, I remembered a Japanese novel that I read 10 years ago about losing memories. The story also deals with crime and love. It’s a little too early to share the name of the novel, but I’m really into it at the moment.

主题

回帖

积分

社区元老

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2015-3-21 23:34 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 corona0911 于 2015-3-21 23:37 编辑

@Maxine6002

Director Shim was at MOMA tonight for presenting #Haemoo and had the Q&A sesion.

Shim: I always like to show a story of average men turning into criminal

Q: Was the young man the real person.
Shim: It's based on the play, isn't based on True story

Shim: the first scene I wanted to portray was the daily lives of fisherman and hoped to bring pity from viewers

Shim: Characterization of each 6 crew member was my focus in adapting the play in cinema

Shim: Except me, all film crew were best in class. 70% was filmed on the sea water. Also used CG as supplementary use

Q: Technical quality of the film was outstanding. How did you do that?

Shim: wasn't my intention to show political msg, but I wanted to depict the era

Shim: Sea fog was used as the background and through Haemoo I wanted to tell the situation we are hopeless

Shim: it's actually based the play which was taken from the true story

Shim: Love was the most angle we wanted to show in Haemoo

Shim: Even though it was based on the real event, the main theme was love.

"Selected this genre film with the director Shim Sung Bo who has own voice"

CAlGkYGVAAEs032.jpg CAlGkTxU8AAWu5Y.jpg

主题

回帖

积分

初级会员

积分
发表于 2015-3-22 15:48 | 显示全部楼层
在海雾里有天真是完全抛开了偶像包袱,付出了很多努力,得到这么多肯定和奖项说明辛苦的付出有了回报。
我们家天锅锅也因此获得了成新人奖五冠王,真的是太棒了

主题

回帖

积分

社区元老

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2015-3-22 20:50 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 corona0911 于 2015-3-23 03:25 编辑

http://www.filmlinc.com/daily/en ... bo-haemoo-interview
Meet the (New) Director: Shim Sung-bo ‘Haemoo’

POSTED BY RACHEL DEL GIUDICE ON 3.19.2015

Shim Sung-bo, the acclaimed screenwriter of Bong Joon-ho's Memories of Murder, takes the director’s chair for his debut feature about human smugglers on the high seas. Haemoo screens on Friday and Saturday as part of the 44th annual New Directors/New Films series, currently underway through March 29. Shim Sung-bo talks respect for his actors and the struggles of filming on a ship in his comments to FilmLinc.

Haemoo
Shim Sung-bo, South Korea, 2014, 111m

Description: First-time director Shim Sung-bo (screenwriter of Memories of Murder, the second film by Haemoo’s producer Bong Joon-ho) distills a gripping drama from a real life incident and delivers a gritty, brooding spectacle of life and death on the high seas. With the country in the throes of an economic crisis, the captain of the run-down fishing boat Junjin sets out with his five-man crew to smuggle a group of Korean-Chinese illegal immigrants. During the hair-raising transfer of their human cargo from a freighter, rookie fisherman Dong-sik (Park Yu-chun) saves the life of Hong-mae (Han Ye-ri). Smitten and solicitous, he shelters the young woman in the engine room. But after a tense coast-guard inspection, things go horribly wrong and as the titular sea fog rolls in, the captain forces his crew to set a new course—from which there’s no turning back.

Responses from Shim Sung-bo:

On finding a connection to the real world:

I was a literature major in college. In my junior year, I suddenly felt suffocated—like my life was trapped in books. I craved something more lively that would connect me to the real world. Then "cinema" flashed in front of me. So after graduation I began film school.

On crimes committed by ordinary people:

I was mesmerized by the stage play Haemoo. It depicts the experience of ordinary people getting involved in crime, not from the detective’s point of view, but from theirs. It’s a story about people protecting their loved ones even when their lives are falling apart—it’s a tale of crime and love. These were the subjects that I wanted to portray, and Haemoo has both.

On respect for the actor’s vision:

While we were filming, I listened carefully to the actors, especially the six sailors. I tried to respect their interpretations of each character. As a result, I was able to reinforce the characters’ more humane aspects. Also, I focused on resolving all their questions about story development and situations. This is an actor-driven film. I consider myself very lucky to have worked with them.

On the difficulty of shooting on a boat at sea:

The biggest challenge was that most of the story takes place on a not-so-big ship on the open sea. The shooting was strenuous, and it could easily have made the film appear monotonous.

On finding new inspiration in a novel:

While I was promoting this film, I remembered a Japanese novel that I read 10 years ago about losing memories. The story also deals with crime and love. It’s a little too early to share the name of the novel, but I’m really into it at the moment.

http://linkis.com/www.timeout.com/newy/5blrk

主题

回帖

积分

社区元老

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2015-3-27 01:57 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 corona0911 于 2015-3-27 02:02 编辑

http://thedivareview.com/Haemoo_Shim_Sung-bo_Exclusive_Interview.htm

An award-winning, box office hit in its native Korea, Shim Sung-bo’s directorial debut, Haemoo {Sea Fog} made its New York premiere at Lincoln Center’s New Directors/New Films Festival.

Primarily regarded for his screenwriting collaboration with Bong Joon-ho on the now-classic, Memories of Murder, Shim spoke with us about what it took to direct this first feature, having Bong as his producer, and casting one of Korea’s top idols.

Dig it!

Haemoo

Director Shim Sung-bo

登录/注册后可看大图

登录/注册后可看大图

登录/注册后可看大图

登录/注册后可看大图

登录/注册后可看大图

登录/注册后可看大图

The Lady Miz Diva:  When you spoke of Bong Joon-ho before we began our interview, you called him your boss.  What is it like to work with him as the producer of Haemoo, since you have been writing partners for so long?

Shim Sung-bo:  It was like a big umbrella for me, definitely.  For example, the character of Chang-wook would not have been possible if Bong Joon-ho had not been present.  So, that’s just one of a lot of examples.

LMD:  Was he supportive and encouraging when you decided to direct your first feature?

SSb:  There really is not a defined line in Korea between an assistant director and a screenwriter.  So, one way of becoming a director is going through the position of scriptwriter.  It’s just that in my case it took a little longer than some others, but that’s also how complicated the development the Korean movie industry is right now.  Like there was this one script that I worked on for really long time that did not get made into a movie, and that was a love story between a man and a woman, and Bong read all the different versions of that script.  And I believe that my working on or making that type of a love story would serve me well in directing this type of movie in Haemoo; I think that’s why he recommended that I do this.

LMD:  Was the actual experience of directing different than what you had imagined before taking on this film?

SSb:  It couldn’t be more different.  Even when you try to be as detailed and specific in your script, when you actually got to the scene on the set, there would be so many holes, and those holes were mostly filled by the wonderful cast.

LMD:  Speaking of the wonderful cast, there’s a rather famous pop music idol in your film…

SSb:  Ah, {Park} Yoochun?

LMD:  Yes.  While he has done television dramas, I believe he only made a cameo appearance as himself in a movie years ago, so this is really his first feature acting role.  What was it about him that made you feel that this person was going to be my romantic lead?

SSb:  I think he was kind of fearless, that was one reason.  He really projected this image of a good person, of goodness, and also I got really good vibes from him.  And it’s not that we have a lot of male actors who are well into their 20s, and Yoochun really wanted to do this role.  And you know how if you’re an idol, it’s extremely difficult for an idol to feel fondness for this type of character.

So, what we believed was, because he would be surrounded by the rest of the cast who are all veterans and amazingly experienced actors; we felt that as long as he could leave his schedule open, so he would have days to shoot together and work with the actors, they would be able to really fill in - that he would really be able to identify and kind of melt into the rest of the actors and be able to do his part just fine.  And he was really so into this movie, that except for a few little schedules that he had to do, he really was able to concentrate on this movie.  And from the level of his management company, that was a very difficult decision to make.

LMD:  The film goes to some very dark places at times, and as Yoochun is such a famous idol, I wonder if there was any pushback or hesitation from himself or his management about portraying some of the darker aspects of the film?

SSb:  Not at all.

LMD:  Can you talk about working with Mr. Kim Yoon-seok on the role of the captain?  He’s like a great mixture of Robert Shaw in Jaws and Captain Ahab from Moby Dick.  The captain is always a seething, bubbling cauldron of emotions, but you never know how he’s going to blow. What kind of notes did you give Mr. Kim regarding playing this character?

SSb:  He and I talked a lot about the scenario.  So, after I met him and he signed on, I actually rewrote the script before we began to shoot, and in the rewrite, the keyword was pathos, or pathetic love.  And before the rewrite, the version before that actually had the captain becoming almost one with the sea fog and kind of attacking Dong-sik and Hong-mae almost like he was going to eat them up.  But during the rewrite, I decided to identify him with the boat - couple him with the boat.

LMD:  How does the Captain justify the things he does? Was he just going crazy? Is this the true essence of what it means to be evil? Thinking of that reminded me of Memories of Murder, and I wondered if as a writer, you are fascinated by what drives people to the edge of sanity or morality?

SSb:  I don’t think there is any fully evil person in this movie.  We really never talked about it.  It was never spoken when we prepared this movie that we would be portraying any evilness.

The responsibility of a captain is to make the most realistic decisions and determinations.  It’s just that it just happens that each of his choices sort of drove not only him, but other people into this kind of valley, into the swamp of tragedy, like a spiral.

LMD:  Watching this film, I couldn’t help but be reminded of some similarities - perhaps in the morality of the crew, or the way certain things were handled on the ship with regard to the passengers - to the reports of the terrible Sewol ferry tragedy last year.  I wondered if there was any mention of that from the Korean media?

SSb:  You know, I didn’t even pay any attention to it.

LMD:  Now having wet your feet as a director, has it encouraged you to make more films?  Would you consider directing a screenplay you didn’t write?

SSb:  You know, what I really feel is that I do not have the ability to create something from absolutely nothing; so I really believe that I need to meet a great story first.  But I would like to do the adaptation myself, and I would like to direct that adaptation myself, as well.

LMD:  Do you have anything planned?

SSb:  I can’t disclose that because we are still getting the rights.

LMD:  What do you wish for Haemoo to bring to international audiences?

SSb:  You know, this movie is slated to open in some big markets, and there are some big markets for which this movie has yet to be decided when and whether it will open, but I think just overall, I’m just so encouraged and gratified by the positive reaction.  And what really makes me sort of happy and empowers me, is the fact that something that I really like, something that I really feel passionately about, is something that can be identified with. Something that is felt by other people, as well.  Especially internationally, and that is just an amazing feeling to know.

~ The Lady Miz Diva

March 21st, 2015

主题

回帖

积分

社区元老

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2015-3-27 02:05 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 corona0911 于 2015-3-27 02:21 编辑

http://twitchfilm.com/2015/03/nd ... helm-on-haemoo.html

ND/NF Interview: Shim Sung-bo Talks About Taking The Helm On HAEMOO

A box office hit in its native Korea, Shim Sung-bo's directorial debut, HAEMOO {Sea Fog} made its New York premiere at Lincoln Center's New Directors/New Films Festival.  Regarded for his screenwriting collaboration with Bong Joon-ho on the now-classic, Memories of Murder, Shim spoke with us about what it took to direct this first feature, having Bong as his producer, and casting one of Korea's top idols.

The Lady Miz Diva:  When you spoke of Bong Joon-ho before we began our interview, you called him your boss.  What is it like to work with him as the producer of HAEMOO, since you have been writing partners for so long?

Shim Sung-bo:  It was like a big umbrella for me, definitely.  For example, the character of Chang-wook would not have been possible if Bong Joon-ho had not been present.  So, that's just one of a lot of examples.

LMD:  Was he supportive and encouraging when you decided to direct your first feature?

SSb:  There really is not a defined line in Korea between an assistant director and a screenwriter.  So, one way of becoming a director is going through the position of scriptwriter.  It's just that in my case it took a little longer than some others, but that's also how complicated the development the Korean movie industry is right now.  Like there was this one script that I worked on for really long time that did not get made into a movie, and that was a love story between a man and a woman, and Bong read all the different versions of that script.  And I believe that my working on or making that type of a love story would serve me well in directing this type of movie in HAEMOO; I think that's why he recommended that I do this.

LMD:  Was the actual experience of directing different than what you had imagined before taking on this film?

SSb:  It couldn't be more different.  Even when you try to be as detailed and specific in your script, when you actually got to the scene on the set, there would be so many holes, and those holes were mostly filled by the wonderful cast.

LMD:  Speaking of the wonderful cast, there's a rather famous pop music idol in your film...

SSb:  Ah, {Park} Yoochun?

LMD:  Yes.  While he has done television dramas, I believe he only made a cameo appearance as himself in a movie years ago, so this is really his first feature acting role.  What was it about him that made you feel that this person was going to be my romantic lead?

SSb:  I think he was kind of fearless, that was one reason.  He really projected this image of a good person, of goodness, and also I got really good vibes from him.  And it's not that we have a lot of male actors who are well into their 20s, and Yoochun really wanted to do this role.  And you know how if you're an idol, it's extremely difficult for an idol to feel fondness for this type of character.  

So, what we believed was, because he would be surrounded by the rest of the cast who are all veterans and amazingly experienced actors; we felt that as long as he could leave his schedule open, so he would have days to shoot together and work with the actors, they would be able to really fill in - that he would really be able to identify and kind of melt into the rest of the actors and be able to do his part just fine.  And he was really so into this movie, that except for a few little schedules that he had to do, he really was able to concentrate on this movie.  And from the level of his management company, that was a very difficult decision to make.

LMD:  The film goes to some very dark places at times, and as Yoochun is such a famous idol, I wonder if there was any pushback or hesitation from himself or his management about portraying some of the darker aspects of the film?

SSb:  Not at all.

LMD:  Can you talk about working with Mr. Kim Yoon-seok on the role of the captain?  He's like a great mixture of Robert Shaw in JAWS and Captain Ahab from MOBY DICK.  The captain is always a seething, bubbling cauldron of emotions, but you never know how he's going to blow. What kind of notes did you give Mr. Kim regarding playing this character?

SSb:  He and I talked a lot about the scenario.  So, after I met him and he signed on, I actually rewrote the script before we began to shoot, and in the rewrite, the keyword was pathos, or pathetic love.  And before the rewrite, the version before that actually had the captain becoming almost one with the sea fog and kind of attacking Dong-sik and Hong-mae almost like he was going to eat them up.  But during the rewrite, I decided to identify him with the boat - couple him with the boat.

LMD:  How does the Captain justify the things he does? Was he just going crazy? Is this the true essence of what it means to be evil? Thinking of that reminded me of MEMORIES OF MURDER, and I wondered if as a writer, you are fascinated by what drives people to the edge of sanity or morality?

SSb:  I don't think there is any fully evil person in this movie.  We really never talked about it.  It was never spoken when we prepared this movie that we would be portraying any evilness.
The responsibility of a captain is to make the most realistic decisions and determinations.  It's just that it just happens that each of his choices sort of drove not only him, but other people into this kind of valley, into the swamp of tragedy, like a spiral.

LMD:  Watching this film, I couldn't help but be reminded of some similarities - perhaps in the morality of the crew, or the way certain things were handled on the ship with regard to the passengers - to the reports of the terrible Sewol ferry tragedy last year.  I wondered if there was any mention of that from the Korean media?

SSb:  You know, I didn't even pay any attention to it.

LMD:  Now having wet your feet as a director, has it encouraged you to make more films?  Would you consider directing a screenplay you didn't write?

SSb:  You know, what I really feel is that I do not have the ability to create something from absolutely nothing; so I really believe that I need to meet a great story first.  But I would like to do the adaptation myself, and I would like to direct that adaptation myself, as well.

LMD:  Do you have anything planned?

SSb:  I can't disclose that because we are still getting the rights.

LMD:  What do you wish for HAEMOO to bring to international audiences?

SSb:  You know, this movie is slated to open in some big markets, and there are some big markets for which this movie has yet to be decided when and whether it will open, but I think just overall, I'm just so encouraged and gratified by the positive reaction.  And what really makes me sort of happy and empowers me, is the fact that something that I really like, something that I really feel passionately about, is something that can be identified with. Something that is felt by other people, as well.  Especially internationally, and that is just an amazing feeling to know.

http://www.filmosphere.com/movies/haemoo-sim-seong-bo-2014/

https://www.findspire.com/sea.fog.les.clandestins/

http://www.leblogducinema.com/critiques/ffcp-2014-haemoo-42374/

[CRITIQUE] SEA FOG – LES CLANDESTINS
Pierre  5 novembre 2014

Pour l’ouverture de la neuvième édition du Festival du Film Coréen à Paris les festivaliers ont pu découvrir en avant première le drame HAEMOO, dont la sortie en France est prévue pour le 1er avril 2015. Un film qui offre une première mise en bouche de l’une des personnalités à l’honneur de cette édition, l’acteur Kim Yun-seok, en attendant notamment sa master class de jeudi à 18h40. C’est également l’occasion de découvrir Shim Sung-bo à la réalisation, dix ans après l’excellent Memories of Murder (2003) où il officiait, cette fois, comme scénariste. L’acteur et le réalisateur ont reçu une ovation au moment de venir présenter le film. Mérité pour ce film choc qui laissa le public sans voix.

Pour sauver son poste et celui de ses hommes, le capitaine Kang (Kim Yun-seok), à la tête d’un bateau de pêche menacé d’être vendu par son propriétaire, décide de racheter lui-même le navire. En prise à de gros problèmes financiers il se voit dans l’obligation de transporter des clandestins chinois jusqu’en Corée du sud. Tout se passe pour le mieux jusqu’à ce qu’un terrible incident se produise. La traversée se transforme alors en cauchemar pour les passagers.

© Next Entertainment World
Pour Memories of Murder, Shim Sung-bo coécrit le scénario du film avec Bong Joon-ho qui le réalisa. Pour HAEMOO on retrouve le même duo cette fois inversé. Shim Sung-bo réalise son premier film tandis que Bong Joon-ho se charge de l’écriture (toujours avec Shim Sung-bo). Ensemble ils parviennent à créer une œuvre saisissante. Un drame terrible qui va jusqu’à basculer dans l’horreur.
Sur ce vieux bateau bon pour la casse, on découvre un petit groupe de pêcheurs dont les capacités laissent à désirer. Face aux clandestins ils révèlent rapidement leur incompétence également dans ce domaine, et abordent leur nouveau « métier » de passeur avec une naïveté et une maladresse presque touchantes. Parmi ces clandestins, se trouve la chinoise Hong-mae (Han Ye-ri). La jeune fille se lie d’amitié avec Dong-sik (Park Yoochun), l’un des marins. Sans surprise des sentiments naissent entre eux tandis que des tensions surviennent à bord. Mais le capitaine Kang est là pour maintenir l’ordre, notamment lorsque le film met en avant les rapports complexes entre des chinois, soumis à une grande pauvreté dans leur pays, et des coréens, dont le seul travail possible est de faire venir une main d’œuvre clandestine, un paradoxe.
Malgré une inquiétude grandissante on ne devine pas le terrible drame qui se produit. Un événement inimaginable qui laisse les protagonistes, comme les spectateurs, sous le choc. A cet instant rien n’est plus comme avant sur le navire et la réalisation évolue logiquement. Un épais brouillard fait son apparition. Les personnages sont désormais enfermés, isolés sur la mer dont il est impossible de voir l’horizon. La caméra se resserre sur chaque acteur qui peu à peu sombre dans la solitude ou la folie. On le comprend aussitôt, la plupart ne reviendront pas de cette traversé.

”Avec son scénario incroyable, tiré d’événements réels, le film nous tient en haleine jusqu’au bout”

En introduction du film, Kim Yun-seok rappelait qu’il était particulièrement connu en Corée du Sud pour ses rôles de méchant. On était loin d’imaginer qu’il interpréterait dans HAEMOO un tel monstre. Le personnage qu’il incarne est désabusé par tout ce qui l’entoure. La seule chose à laquelle il se raccroche est son bateau. Pour pouvoir garder son navire et rester avec son équipage qu’il considère comme une famille il accepte de franchir le pas de l’illégalité. Le pauvre homme d’abord pathétique se transforme en un personnage abominable. Ses actes effroyables s’enchaînent crescendo et nous laissent sans voix. Comme le couple d’amoureux, unique témoin de l’attitude du capitaine, le spectateur ne peut qu’être effaré. Ces derniers observent en cachette les événements. Le sentiment d’enfermement développé tout le long du film par son décors (le navire seul en mer) et son intrigue (l’enfermement des clandestins pour les faire traverser sans être attrapé) atteint son paroxysme dans une scène époustouflante où Dong-sik et Hong-mae n’ont d’autres choix que de regarder l’horreur se produire en s’empêchant mutuellement de crier. Par la suite ils extérioriseront leur peur et leur effroi par la passion qui les unit dans une scène torride qui arrive de manière surprenante mais qui dégage une grande puissance.

Avec son scénario incroyable, tiré d’événements réels qu’on ne peut développer davantage, le film nous tient en haleine jusqu’au bout. Si la prestation extrême de Kim Yun-seok était attendue, on retient celle de Park Yoochun qui s’avère être une bonne surprise. Le jeune homme, présenté comme l’un des membres d’un groupe de musique K-pop (pop coréenne), s’impose brillamment.
Avec HAEMOO le Festival du Film Coréen à Paris a démarré de la meilleure des manières.

主题

回帖

积分

社区元老

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2015-3-27 02:07 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 corona0911 于 2015-3-27 02:48 编辑

@marykovalets
#Interview with korean actress #HanYeri, she got nominated as #bestsupportingactress. #haemoo

登录/注册后可看大图

@cheers_pop
韓藝璃憑《怒海沉倫》於「第九屆亞洲電影大獎」頒獎典禮提名最佳女配角,雖然未有奪獎,接受編輯部專訪時佢真人十分nice,是個十分好的女演員 #韓藝璃 #한예리 #HanYeRi

登录/注册后可看大图

@alivenotdead
Han Ye-Ri #hanyeri #asianfilmawards #afas #redcarpet #alivenotdead #venetianmacao #한예리

登录/注册后可看大图

主题

回帖

积分

社区元老

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2015-3-27 02:08 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 corona0911 于 2015-3-27 02:49 编辑

[INFO] "Sea Fog" featured in French free daily newspaper "20 minutes" today #HaeMoo

CA7i_-mWsAEEORV.jpg

主题

回帖

积分

社区元老

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2015-3-27 02:14 | 显示全部楼层
http://bylines.news.yahoo.co.jp/saitohiroaki/20150324-00044137/
元・東方神起が、本格派俳優に成長する姿に心が揺さぶられる…
斉藤博昭 | 映画ジャーナリスト
2015年3月24日 1時30分

『海にかかる霧』のパク・ユチョン

韓流ブームにのって、2005年に日本デビュー。抜群の歌唱力とダンス、個性あふれるキャラクターで、いったいどこまで人気を広げるかと思った東方神起が、2009年に分裂状態となり、翌年に活動を休止。ファンの間に衝撃が走ったのは、まだ記憶に新しい。

オリジナルの5人のメンバーのうち、ユンホとチャンミンが東方神起を継続して、現在、さらなる人気を獲得しているのは、ご存知のとおり。09~10年の裏事情に関しては、ファンそれぞれに思いがあるようだが、「東方神起は2人になってよかった」というファンや、「脱退した3人が好きで、引き続き彼ら(JYJ)を応援する」ファン、さらに今となっては少数派だが「希望は少ないが、いつかまた5人の東方神起が復活するのを望む」ファンと、反応はさまざまだという。

分裂後、それぞれの道を行く5人
ユンホとチャンミンで鮮やかに復活した東方神起だが、再スタート当初はファンの間にでも不安が漂っていた。というのも、5人のメンバーの中でも彼ら2人は、明らかにマジメキャラ。日本語のギャグも好きでサービス精神旺盛なジェジュン、ツッコミ型でおしゃべりのジュンス、どこかとぼけた味わいのユチョンという、一見、華やかなタレント性に富んだ3人が抜け、その穴を埋められるのか…という課題があったからだ。しかしマジメな2人が残ったことで、ファンのまっすぐな求心力は加速するという好結果につながり、日本でのドーム公演はつねに即完売状態。ファン一人一人の熱量も、5人の時代より、圧倒的に高いことが伝わってくる。そして一方のJYJは、東方神起ほど日本で話題に上らないかもしれないが、順調に活動を続けている。

音楽だけではなく、俳優としてのキャリアも築いている東方神起とJYJ。では5人の中で最も演技の才能を開花させているのは誰か。それは、ユチョンと断言していい。

もともと5人は(現在の東方神起ファンにとって、「5人」とまとめること自体、不謹慎かもしれませんが、ご了承ください)、それぞれドラマを中心に演技経験はあったが、あくまでも音楽活動がメイン。映画に関していえば、日本で公開された出演作品は限られており、多くの観客を集めた作品といえば、チャンミンが爆破のプロを不気味に演じた井筒和幸監督の日本映画『黄金を抱いて翔べ』あたりだろう。スクリーンで東方神起に会う機会は、少なかった。

そんななか、4月に日本で公開されるのが、パク・ユチョンが出演した『海にかかる霧』だ。密航者を運ぶ漁船を舞台にした、衝撃のサスペンス。ユチョンが演じるのは、船員の中でいちばん下っ端の立場にいる、心やさしき青年ドンシクである。

アイドルの面影は完全に消えた…
『チェイサー』のキム・ユンソクが船長役。名優に一歩も引けをとらない熱演
『チェイサー』のキム・ユンソクが船長役。名優に一歩も引けをとらない熱演
まず軽く驚かされるのが、スクリーンに現れるその風貌だ。もちろん顔は、華やかなステージで歌い踊る、おなじみのユチョンなのだが、どこか自信なさげの姿勢、はっきり言ってイケてない髪型、屈折感を抱えた目の表情で、完全にアイドル時代の雰囲気は消えている。ユチョンに顔の作りが“よく似た”俳優と言ってもいい変化をとげているのだ。

密航者の中の少女にほのかな愛を感じたドンシクは、彼女をかばい、他の船員と対立する。相手に応じて、さまざまに、臨機応変に態度を変えるドンシクは、高い演技力を要求される役どころ。それにもかかわらず、ユチョンは見事にそのハードルを超えている。映画全体の主人公は、カリスマ的な船長のカンなのだが、物語の芯になるのが、ドンシクの決断と行動、運命であり、観客が最も感情移入してしまう。徐々に人間性が失われていく船内で、孤独に闘うドンシク=ユチョンの姿に、心を揺さぶられない人はいないはずだ。

ユチョン自身、本作への意気込みと外見の変貌について

この映画は絶対にやらねば、という気持ちでした。でも最初の衣装合わせで、衣装を着て出てきたらスタッフに大爆笑されました。

出典:マスコミ用プレス資料インタビュー
と告白している。

さらに劇中には、ドンシクがある欲望をあらわにするシーンがあるのだが、たとえば日本の若手スター俳優だったら、絶対に断りそうな過激な演技にもユチョンは挑戦。彼のファンは、心が激しくざわめくかもしれない。しかしその「本気」は、俳優として生きていこうとする彼の強い意志でもあるようだ。

すでに韓国では、この映画の演技で青龍映画賞、大鐘賞など主要な映画賞での新人賞を受賞。『海にかかる霧』は、ユチョンの俳優人生を大きく切り開くことになった。JYJとしての活動を続けながら、今後はさまざまなオファーが舞い込み、俳優としてのウェイトが大きく占めることになるのではないか。

かつての仲間の出演作も日本公開
ちなみにユンホの出演作『国際市場で逢いましょう』も5月16日に日本で公開される。激動の時代を生きた家族の感動ドラマだが、『海にかかる霧』におけるユチョンほど、作品の中では大きな役ではない。単純に比較できないが「元・東方神起」の5人で、演技者として最も進化をみせているのは、今のところユチョンなのだ。5人の東方神起の時代を思い返すと、やや頼りないムードもあったユチョンの成長は感慨深い。

『海にかかる霧』は、『殺人の追憶』や『グエムル 漢江の怪物』『スノーピアサー』のポン・ジュノ監督がプロデューサーを務め、作品としてのインパクトも強烈。後半の目を疑うようなショッキングな展開と、クライマックスが導く切ない余韻は、格別である。新しくオープンするTOHOシネマズ新宿で先行ロードショーされるのも話題だ。

画像
『海にかかる霧』
4月17日(金)より、TOHOシネマズ新宿にて先行公開
4月24日(金)より、全国ロードショー
配給:ツイン
(c) 2014 NEXT ENTERTAINMENT WORLD Inc. & HAEMOO Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved.

主题

回帖

积分

社区元老

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2015-3-27 02:17 | 显示全部楼层
http://www.filmdeculte.com/cinema/actualite/Haemoo-20371.html
AsiaWeek: Sea Fog - Les Clandestins

AsiaWeek: Sea Fog - Les Clandestins
Ajouter : AsiaWeek: Sea Fog - Les Clandestins à Wikio        Ajouter : AsiaWeek: Sea Fog - Les Clandestins à FaceBook        Imprimer la page        Accéder au forum
Sea Fog - Les Clandestins
Haemoo
Corée du Sud, 2014
De Sung-Bo Shim
Scénario : Bong Joon-Ho, Sung-Bo Shim
Durée : 1h51
Sortie : 01/04/2015
Note FilmDeCulte : *****-
AsiaWeek: Sea Fog - Les ClandestinsAsiaWeek: Sea Fog - Les ClandestinsAsiaWeek: Sea Fog - Les Clandestins
Capitaine d’un bateau de pêche menacé d’être vendu par son propriétaire, Kang décide de racheter lui-même le navire pour sauvegarder son poste et son équipage. Mais la pêche est insuffisante, et l’argent vient à manquer. En désespoir de cause, il accepte de transporter des clandestins venus de Chine. Lors d’une nuit de tempête, tout va basculer et la traversée se transformer en véritable cauchemar…

LE VAISSEAU DE L'ANGOISSE

Qu'est-ce qui fait courir le cinéma coréen ? Plus précisément, comment un premier long métrage comme Sea Fog peut paraître plus maîtrisé et accompli que bien des films de réalisateurs chevronnés chez nous ? Sea Fog symbolise à lui-seul une sorte de petit miracle à la Coréenne, celle d'une cinématographie capable de produire des films à la fois grand public, populaires, et artistiquement ambitieux. Pour être tout à fait honnête, le réalisateur Shim Sung-Bo (lire notre entretien) n'est pas un total inconnu: il a participé activement à la résurrection au tournant du XXIe siècle du cinéma coréen en co-scénarisant Memories of Murder, le thriller réalisé par Bong Joon-Ho. On n'a plus eu de nouvelles de lui depuis alors que Bong s'est affirmé comme l'un des filmeurs les plus doués au monde, quel que soit le registre. Avec Sea Fog, Bong Joon-Ho rend la pareille en co-signant le scénario et en produisant le long métrage cette fois dirigé par Shim.

Sea Fog s'inspire d'une pièce de théatre, elle-même inspirée d'un fait divers. L'écriture riche et ample, la mise en scène dynamique et assurée font rapidement oublier les racines théatrales ou les risques du film inspiré de faits réels où l'authenticité proclamée d'un drame sert souvent de cache-sexe au manque de personnalité. Marque de fabrique d'un certain cinéma coréen, notamment le plus populaire, Shim sait varier les tons comme un équilibriste. Comment marier en un film l'humour et l'horreur ? Inviter la romance et le propos social sans qu'on ne distingue les agrafes de différents genres reliés entre eux ? On ne connait pas la recette magique mais chaque registre dans Sea Fog nourrit l'autre, rend le film plus vivant, nous transporte sur le bateau, en pleine dérive au bout de l'enfer. Cette perfection de l'écriture telle une enfilade de triple lutz par une patineuse coréenne impressionne. Le scénario d'Sea Fog est plein de ressources et ne tombe jamais en panne. On ne vous dévoilera évidemment pas ce qui fait basculer le long métrage, mais l'absence cash de sentimentalisme tout comme le sens rare du pathétique font d'Sea Fog un film puissant, poignant qui ne semble actuellement possible à produire qu'en Corée.

主题

回帖

积分

社区元老

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2015-3-29 00:51 | 显示全部楼层
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|手机版|小黑屋|韩剧社区 ( 蜀ICP备14001718号 )

JS of wanmeiff.com and vcpic.com Please keep this copyright information, respect of, thank you!JS of wanmeiff.com and vcpic.com Please keep this copyright information, respect of, thank you!

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 03:06 , Processed in 0.048196 second(s), 21 queries , Gzip On.